Community Forum Dates
Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana provides services to the most vulnerable throughout the 16 parishes we work. Join us for a virtual Community Forum with local and state partners to discuss the current state of affairs in our community.
The next virtual Community Forum event is listed below. Please complete the registration form to receive the Zoom conference information. You may attend the forum either by telephone or computer.
Upcoming Community Forum - Mission in Action: Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities Services
Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Learn how Volunteers of America's intellectual and developmental disabilities programs help provide a stable and fulfilling life for the consumers we serve. Learn more about the community living and supported living programs from Volunteers of America's staff as well as hear from a local foundation and a Louisiana state senator..
Omegia Fulgham-Lee, Director of Community Living Services (CLS) at Volunteers of America
- Ms. Fulgham-Lee manages 7 homes that support CLS participants and has over 20 years of professional experience in mental health and human services, She has worked for Volunteers of America in various capacities since 1996. She holds a Master in Public Administration from Troy University and a degree in Social Work from Southern University of New Orleans.
Heather Matthews, Director of Supported Living Services (SLS) at Volunteers of America
- Ms. Matthews worked as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker for the State Office of Developmental Disabilities for 11 years, providing behavioral health services to people with IDD. She also has prior experience in federal government contracting and in program management for a multimillion dollar company. She holds a Master in Social Work from Louisiana State University and degrees in Psychology and Business from the University of North Carolina. She is the current treasurer on the Community Provider Association.
David Fennelly, Chairman of Associated Terminals and Turn Services
- Mr. Fennelly's companies have a strong corporate culture of employee-driven community engagement. On behalf of Associated Terminals, he received the 2018 Outstanding Community Service Award at Volunteers of America's national conference.
- Mr. Fennelly and his partner, Carlos Sanchez, are passionate champions for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Their foundation, The Fennelly Sanchez Fund, is a great supporter of various nonprofits in the communities they work.
J. Cameron Henry, Jr. , Louisiana State Senator, District 9
- Sen. Henry is serving his first year as State Senator of District 9. He currently serves on the Committees of Commerce, Consumer Protection and International Affairs, Vice Chairman of Commerce, Judiciary B Local and Municipal Affairs and Joint Legislative Committee on the Budget.
- He previously served 12 years in the Louisiana House of Representatives for District 82.His district covers the Old Metairie, Old Jefferson and Airline park. In December of 2016he was selected by the Times Picayune as the third most influential elected official in Louisiana.
Upcoming Community Forum - Mission in Action: Opioids
Thursday, April 8, 2021, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.