Thank you for considering becoming a Volunteers of America Champion!
Below are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) that we hope you will find helpful. If you have additional questions please contact Lydia Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org. REMINDER: GiveNOLA Day is Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
What is a Champion?
A Volunteers of America GiveNOLA Day 2020 Champion is a committed supporter who will make their own gift as a part of the GiveNOLA Day 2020 campaign and will ask and amplify on behalf of Volunteers of America. GiveNOLA Day is our annual online community giving day organized by the Greater New Orleans Foundation.
What does a Champion do?
As a Champion, you commit to:
- Making a gift.
- Securing at least 9 gifts in addition to your own. Gifts can be any size! Every gift counts! Encouraging participation and involvement is your goal.
- Actively reaching out to your colleagues, friends, and family to get them to make a donation. To get 9 gifts, this means you’ll be reaching out to at least 40 people in your network.
- Communicating with your networks via email, text message, phone, and social media.
What is the time commitment?
- There will be 6-8 digital or telephonic activities for you to complete through June 3, 2020.
- Each activity will take just a few minutes of your time and some will be very quick (like sharing a social media post).
- A calendar of activities/actions will be sent to you, and a staff member will contact you with reminders prior to each activity.
Where does this happen?
- Everything happens virtually! Telephonically and electronically. You’ll use your personal email, phone, and social media accounts.
- Gifts can be scheduled in advance from now through June 1st or made on GiveNOLA Day (June 2) at www.givenola.org/voasela.
Who will help me?
- Two of Volunteers of America’s development team members will be available to help you and support your success as a Champion: Lydia Wilson, Community Outreach Coordinator (email@example.com) and Lindsey Jakiel Diulus, Development Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A communications calendar will be sent to you as well as a toolkit of assets: language that you can copy/paste, images that you can share, and helpful tips to support your success. You will receive the calendar and toolkit once you commit to being a Champion.
I’m in! How do I sign up?
- To secure your spot as a Volunteers of America Champion email Lydia Wilson at email@example.com with your name, preferred email address, and cell phone number. We’ll reach out to you with more from there.
- Next, record a 30 second or less video (cell phone videos are perfect for this!) telling your network why you support Volunteers of America. If you need a place to start, try finishing this sentence: “I care about Volunteers of America because …”
- Make sure to send your video to Lydia if we can share it with others! We’d love to feature you, our Champions, on social media. If you share your video to your Facebook page or other social media account, make sure to tag Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana.