- 103 Units
311 Academy Street
Houma, LA 70360
- FamiliesOur properties provide low-income working families a place to call home as well as special facilities and services that help address the needs of both kids and parents.
- Equal Housing Opportunity
- Handicap accessible
- Partnership for Sustainable Communities
Originally a school building built in 1931, Academy Place has been designed to take you back to the Art Deco era in celebration of the generations that have passed through the halls over the years. It provides everything available for comfortable living: a gorgeous mix of historic and modern architecture, deluxe kitchens, community rooms, plenty of green space and even a butterfly garden for your enjoyment. A newly constructed addition compliments the beautiful, historic buildings with all the same amenities.
- In-home washer/dryer
- Deluxe, contemporary kitchens with EnergyStar® appliances including refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, and microwave
- Custom wood cabinetry
- Original wood floors in the historic school, planking in the annex and the new building
- Ceramic tile in bathrooms
- Ceiling fans in living rooms and bedrooms
- Cable and internet ready with high-speed fiber
- Window blinds
- Energy Star® certified central air and heat
- Original windows, 11-foot ceilings and charming woodwork in historic buildings
- ADA accessible apartments available
- Exterior porches/balconies in select home designs
- On-site parking
How to Apply
Each Volunteers of America property has its own leasing office and its own application process.
Please contact each property directly if you or someone you know is interested in applying for an affordable apartment in one of our communities. The property staff can answer your questions regarding apartment availability, rent, income requirements or restrictions and how to obtain an application to apply for housing.